How Kickstarter Works
We're 1 week away from launching and I thought it would be helpful to show how Kickstarter works to save from any confusion on the big day!
- The first important thing to know is that you don't need an account with Kickstarter to pledge. Once you are on the project page you can click "Back this Project" which will appear in a green box to the right of the video (where the gray box is in the below), otherwise you can scroll down on the page and select your rewards from there. The only thing you need from there is an email address and credit/debit card.
- You're not charged until the campaign ends (as long as the goal is reached!) This is because Kickstarter is an all-or-nothing funding platform, meaning that creators only receive the funds if they meet their goal.
- You can pledge without a reward. If you'd like to support the campaign but aren't interested in the products I'm selling you can always make a pledge without a reward and choose your amount.
- When you pledge, you won't immediately be asked for sizing preferences. Surveys will be sent out upon successful completion of the campaign to determine sizing and any style choices, depending on the reward tier you chose. This is also when shipping information is collected.
- If you like a combination that isn't listed you can always make your own combo! Say you are interested in ordering 2 pairs of leggings, you would make a pledge for $170 (2*$85) and all of the details will be ironed out when the surveys are sent upon a successful campaign.
- In a similar vein, you can always up your pledge later. If you've already pledged but decide you want to add an item, you can always revisit the site and increase your pledge amount until the campaign is over.
- I'll be updating the FAQ section as the campaign goes on so be sure to check there otherwise you can find me at email@example.com anytime!
If there's anything I missed feel free to comment below. The Kickstarter site also has a helpful FAQ section for backers, which you can check out here.